Saturday 27 November 2010

Overdue Wuthering Heights Writeup

Sadly I didn't have the chance to get any behind-the-scenes photos or videos for you guys but I'll try to get more in future.

The day started with a sigh of releif when the package arrived from the designer at 8.30am before we left for the shoot. Due to a mix-up though, the designer had thought I only wanted a jacket.  I opened the package and realised that there was no shirt etc so ran and grabbed a few standby items (a pirate shirt and a cream textured scarf) and spent the whole car ride down to bury and then derbyshire trying desperately to call Wes the male model to get him to bring suit pants and a shirt. But I didn't get through to him til he'd already got there and we were running an hour late (note to iphone users - the satnav app sucks balls), driving through torrential rain.
But by sheer chance Wes had a full suit including waistcoat in his car. Phew lol.

Now let me also note another thing that went 'wrong': Elen had forgotten to mention she was now a blonde. Imagine my suprise when a blonde answered the door in Bury lol!

So having picked Elen up from bury and then arriving in Hathersage we met Wes at the pub and sat outside while we waited for a food order to come through.
Then the rain caught up just as food arrived so we lugged everything in amongst much laughter, ate and then set-to on makeup and hair.

Wes was amazingly placid bearing in mind I had him sat in the middle of a pub putting makeup on him and curling his hair. lol

Just as they were both dressed, the rain finally broke and blue sky appeared so we rushed off to the location and started getting as many photos as we could.

Note please the dark clouds and the wall of rain looming in on us....

We were racing against the impending drenching, and chuckling at the comments from a family of climbers "oh how beautiful! I think they just got married!" We had to break the spell and tell them sadly it was just a photoshoot lol.


Blue sky dissapearing....

Aaaaand gone!














A brooding Heathcliff/Wes as the rain hit:















Over all though the shoot had eh... its issues, it went well - because at the end of it I still got photos that I love and it was a good lesson on ad-libbing and going with the things thrown in your path. Being a stubborn redhead comes in handy sometimes =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat,

    Are your images for sale or license? I'm an author in Canada currently working on a project and your photos have caught my attention! Well done.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete